Monday 11 August 2014

Blogging Meme from #edchatnz conference

I must confess that I really don't like these blogging/ tag challenges (maybe I am just jaded after too many years on the internet) BUT I will make an exception because of the awesomeness that is #edchatnz.

Monika Kern (‏@BeLchick1) tagged me and I was excited  to discover someone from the Code Club for Teachers sitting right next to me at a session during the conference. It truly is a small world.
So here are my answers:
----------

If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends. Make sure you send your answers back to whoever tagged you too.

1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn't)
Face-to-face - although being the shy, retiring type, hovered around the edges.

2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
One other person from the school where I am about to start work.

3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
Only a few. I did retweet a few things and just about covered challenge 8. Maybe next year....

4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
A teacher from a secondary school already using Pond and unconvinced - made me more keen to see see it in action.
A teacher from a primary school using My Learning - I wanted to visit her classroom.
Bron Stuckey - for teaching me the difference between gamification and game inspired learning.

5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
Nanogirl - because she is so cool.
SOLO for Primary - because those who went raved about it.

6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned? 
One of my son's ex-teachers. Because I know she would have lapped it up (I am sharing stuff with her anyway).

7. Is there a person you didn't get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why
Am hoping to do better with the chatting next year....

8. What is the next book you are going to read and why? 
A More Beautiful Question maybe...

9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #Edchatnz?
I will work on collaborating with another school to make connections between our classrooms (and perhaps to the wider world). I definitely want to give Booktrack a go.

10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
As a (very) beginning teacher coming into a new class half-way through a year, my risk-taking will be tempered but I have already changed a planned lesson to focus on process and idea generation (thank you Mr Mouldey).

No comments:

Post a Comment